Deer Valley is located 36 miles east of Salt Lake City and is an alpine ski resort. Additionally the Deer Valley ski resort is constantly ranked among the top ski resorts in North America. The resort offers amenities such as free parking shuttles, free ski valets, fine dining and boutique shopping in the main lodge.Deer Valley has 21 chairlifts, as well as an enclosed 4-passenger gondola and 12 high speed detachable quads.
Where To Eat
After a day of skiing it is vital that skiers have a meal.The restaurants at Deer Valley use locally sourced products and boasts family-friendly cafes and grills as well as elegant rustic restaurants.
- Edgar’s Beer and Spirit’s Lounge (EBS) – this lounge was named after Edgar B. Stern Jr. who is the founder of Deer Valley.
- The Brass Tag–after a day skiing in the mountains this is the perfect place for brick oven cuisine, beer and wine.
- Deer Valley Grocery Café – this location offers soups, espresso drinks, panini sandwiches, freshly baked breads among others. The Deer Valley Grocery Café offers more of a casual environment.
- Royal Street Café – this café is a combination of international and American cuisine and offers deck dining and sit-down service for lunch or après ski and dinner.
What To Do
Park City town is filled with shopping opportunities including boutiques and galleries as well as resort-owned retail stores in Deer Valley.Shopping for souvenirs is something everyone will enjoy after a good day skiing.
- Deer Valley Signatures Stores – the Signature Stores features Deer Valley logo merchandise, blankets, exclusive apparel, glassware and accessories. The stores also holds specialty food items such as savoury Fireside fig grain mustard and legendary Turkey Chili mix.
- Deer Valley Etc. – this is not only a restaurant but also a souvenir and exclusive Deer Valley merchandise.
- Nextgen DV –this store features youth ski clothing for those up to the teen years.
- Shades of Deer Valley – if you are thinking about hitting McHenry’s Beach after skiing then this is the store to get your sunglasses and goggles from Smith, Panoptx, Maui Jim, Gucci and Kenon along with others.
FIS Freestyle Ski World Cup Event, A Must Do
The Deer Valley resort will host the world cup for 2015 and this is a great Deer Valley after dark opportunity as all events will be held at night.After each event at night there will be a firework show to conclude.This is a free event to the public and so everyone will be able to enjoy watching some of the world’s best freestyle skiers.
Deer Valley and Park City on a whole features many après ski fun activities. Other things to do in Deer Valley at Park City include watching live theatre performance at the Egyptian Theatre, bowling at Jupiter Bowl, and dining many other town favourite restaurants and bars including St. Regis Hotel, Troll Hallen Lounge at Stein Eriksen Lodge, Park City condo rentals and the Spur Bar & Grill.